As many of you may know, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is just around the corner. Nordstrom is one of my favorite stores to shop from because of the variety of items it offers. I love that it stocks high-end brands without seeming as snooty as department stores like Neiman Marcus or Saks. It’s the perfect destination to find everything from a capsule wardrobe, workwear, athleisure, shoes, and accessories.
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale takes place once a year between July and August and is one of the best sales out there! Instead of marking down last season’s items, the Anniversary Sale actually discounts new and current items, as well as some sale-exclusive items (especially in the beauty department). Nordstrom is one of my favorite stores to shop from because of the variety of items it offers. I love that it stocks high-end brands without seeming as snooty as department stores like Neiman Marcus or Saks. It’s the perfect destination to find everything from a capsule wardrobe, workwear, athleisure, shoes, and accessories.
Early access for this year’s sale begins on July 12, and is open to Nordstrom credit card holders (Nordy Club Ambassador and Icon levels can shop even earlier on the 11th). Everyone is welcome to shop the sale beginning on July 19 through August 4.
With that being said, there is certainly a strategy to shopping the sale. Here are my top tips:
- Know your sizes. With such great deals, things sell out quickly. Head to Nordstrom before the sale starts to try things on for size so that you can go back and purchase them once they are discounted or add them to your cart the second the sale begins.
- Research your items. Thanks to Nordstrom’s extensive influencer marketing efforts, there are a million different blog posts already about this sale. Unfortunately, a lot of the items mentioned by bloggers will sell fast. Know which of the products on your wishlist are likely to sell out, and if there’s something you really want, be sure to order it online the second it becomes available.
- Shop online. Nordstrom can be overwhelming at any time of the year, but it’s especially so during the Anniversary Sale. Shoppers come in hordes and things get unorganized quickly – plus, you’ll only be able to shop whatever your store has in stock. Side note: if you shop from my links I will make a small commission – another reason to shop online 🙂
- Check out right away. When you find something you want, check out right away. Shipping is free, so you won’t be charged again if you decide to go back later and pick something else up! This way you don’t lose out on anything that may go out of stock.
- Shop for fall and winter. I’m terrible at shopping ahead of time, and too often when I’m looking for something for the current season it ends up being sold out (for example, buying my Canada Goose in the midst of a polar vortex). Think about what pieces you need most for the upcoming seasons and buy those while they are marked down.
- Shop for gifts. Nordstrom has so many great choices for gifting, from beauty bundles to home decor and more. Who do you know with a birthday, shower, or housewarming party coming up? Get them gifts now for cheap versus waiting until the last minute!
Nordstrom recently released the sale catalog where you can view some of the products that will be discounted. Big bloggers who partner with Nordstrom also received a PR release including more of the products included in the sale. After checking out some of these bloggers’ posts (shout out to Katie’s Bliss and Southern Curls & Pearls!), here are some of my top pre-sale picks! I will try and update you guys once Early Access begins with a list of items in my cart.
1. Madewell Ryder Stripe Cardigan Sale price: $64.90 | After-sale price: $98
The muted color block stripes on this cardigan make it the perfect fall piece.
2. Madewell Ripped High-Rise Skinny Jeans Sale price: $84.90 | After-sale price: $128.00
My Madewell high-rise jeans are my favorite pair of blue jeans, hands down. They’re stretchy without having too much stretch, and super flattering. I really want a pair of distressed ones, so I may be picking these up during the sale.
3. BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket Sale price: $125.90 | After-sale price: $188
I have a red suede moto jacket and I wore it so much last winter. These are great for dressing up any outfit and definitely my go-to for a night out.
4. Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Legging Sale price: $75.90 | After-sale price: $114
I had the Alo Moto Legging in the black low-rise version and loved them, but I sold them after I converted to a die-hard high waist girl. I’d love to pick up a new pair in the high-rise version!
5. Free People Turtleneck Tunic Sale price: $98 | After-sale price: $148
If I’m going to wear a dress in the winter, it better be a turtleneck sweater dress. This might be a bit short for taller folk, but I might just be able to pull this one off as a dress.
6. Topshop Faux Leather Miniskirt Sale price: $39.90 | After-sale price: $60
I love this skirt. This would be so cute going out at night year-round.
7. Pajamas Sale price: $35.90 | After-sale price: $55
One of my goals for the near future is to stop wearing old boyfriends’ T-shirts and ratty old Nike shorts to bed. These pajamas are in my cart so I can feel a bit more “adult” going to bed at night.
8. Topshop Oversized Sweater Sale price: $44.90 | After-sale price: $68
I love the jewel-tone color of this sweater. Oversized chunky knits are a key part of my fall/winter wardrobe.
9. BB Dakota Teddy Coat Sale price: $89.90 | After-sale price: $138
I love teddy coats in the winter. This one is the perfect cream color to go with everything in your wardrobe.
10. Zella Live In High Waist Legging 7/8 Sale price: $38.90 | After-sale price: $59-$65
I have these leggings and they’re really great for everyday wear. I don’t love them for working out, but they’re thick and stay up for wearing with boots or sneakers during the cooler months. Definitely worth buying a pair to give your Lulus a break.
11. Thread & Supply Cozy Fleece Sale price: $49.90 | After-sale price: $78
My sister has this fleece and it is SO. SOFT. It’s seriously like wearing a cloud.
1. Tory Burch Riding Boots Sale price: $299.90 | After-sale price: $498
My first and largest Nordstrom Sale purchase was my Tory Burch riding boots. While I don’t wear them as much anymore, Tory Burch has great, timeless riding boots made from quality leather that will last you years.
2. Steve Madden Ankle Strap Sandal Sale price: $59.90 | After-sale price: $89.95
I love a good block heel, and these sandals from Steve Madden combine a block heel, suede, and elasticized straps for the perfect summer sandal.
3. Adidas Swift Run Sneaker Sale price: $63.90 | After-sale price: $85
4. Adidas Edge Lux 3 Sneaker Sale price: $63.90 | After-sale price: $85
I love my Adidas sneakers. Both of these options are so cute and are at a great price point for the brand.
4. Hunter Chelsea Rain Boot Sale price: $94.90 | After-sale price: $145
Hunter boots are my favorite rain boots and I love the look of a chelsea boot. This style is a bit more work appropriate than your average wellies.
5. Stuart Weitzman OTK Boot Sale price: $499.90 | After-sale price: $795
Sigh. I can’t afford these even with the sale, but Stuart Weitzman OTK boots are the best of the best. I love these in the fall and winter with skirts and dresses.
1. Dior Lip Glow Set Sale price: $70 ($93 value – sale exclusive)
I love my Dior Lip Glow and Lip Maximizer gloss. This set lets you try both of those plus a lipstick.
2. NARS Afterglow Lip Duo Sale price: $22 (sale exclusive)
Similarly to the Dior Lip Glow, the NARS Afterglow lippies adjust to your lips to give you your own perfect color.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Mini Eyeshadow Palette Sale price: $55 ($65 value – sale exclusive)
I have yet to try any Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows, but all of the other products I have from the brand are some of my favorites.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk Lip Kit Sale price: $60 ($78 value – sale exclusive)
Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk lip cheat and lipstick are probably my two favorite lip products ever. The color is the perfect “my lips but better” shade. I use the lip liner with all of my other lipsticks, too. Apparently the lip gloss is a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale exclusive!
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duo Sale price: $25 ($43 value – sale exclusive)
Anastasia Brow Wiz is one of the best brow pencils I’ve ever used. The brow gel is another one of my favorites! But beware, the gel really is like glue – your brows won’t move all day, but they do feel stiff on your face.
6. La Mer Mini Skincare Set Sale price: $90 ($116 value – sale exclusive)
I haven’t tried any La Mer yet since it is so darn expensive! I’ve heard great things about all their products, especially the cream. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the perfect time to give this coveted brand a try.
1. Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Throw Sale price: $97.90 | After-sale price: $147
I realllllly want the leopard print version of this throw… even on sale, it’s a bit out of my current price range, but I’ll get it one day!
2. Diptyque Travel Candle Set Sale price: $55 ($75 value – sale exclusive)
I’ve never pulled the trigger on any Diptyque candles but this set seems like the perfect way to give them a shot!
I hope you like my picks! What are you hoping to see discounted during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?