With graduation season and summer right around the corner, I thought now would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite white dresses on the market. I graduated from college last May and remember how many girls were frantically searching for a dress to wear for graduation. While it’s not mandatory at most schools to wear white, white is a traditional color to wear for graduation ceremonies (and let’s be honest, it looks great with a tan). I found some great dresses, most of which are under $200, that are perfect for graduation or for any occasion you need a little white dress!
My best of advice for picking a graduation dress is this: pick something classic and simple. Graduation is a day you’re going to remember forever, and it will be forever documented by photos with your family, friends, sorority sisters, etc. I think it’s best to pick a simple dress that is flattering for your body type, and if you’re going to spend $100 or more on a dress, pick something you’ll wear again. I got my graduation dress from French Connection, had it taken in to be a bit more form-fitting, and loved it. It cost under $150 and, as I went to school in the south, alterations on it cost less than they would have here at home. It was very simple and flattering on my body, and I ended up wearing it two or three more times last summer for nice dinners at my club. I’m so glad I won’t look back and think “what the hell was I thinking?” in regards to my dress choice – classic is always best for occasions like these. Get it here.
My top picks:
1. French Connection Whisper Light Sheath Minidress
2. French Connection Whisper Light Fit & Flare Dress
3. French Connection Whisper Ruffle Minidress
4. French Connection Lace Sheath Dress
5. French Connection Whisper V-Neck Mini Dress
7. Free People Cross My Heart Minidress
8. Finders Keepers Sundays Eyelet Minidress
9. Likely Beckett Ruffle-Hem Mini Dress
10. Theory Structured Double-Stretch Fitted Short-Sleeve Dress (over half off!)
11. AQUA Eyelet Square-Neck Dress (under $100!)
12. Milly Pleated Dress (pricy but so fun!)
13. Lovers + Friends Caspian Shift Dress
To see all my picks linked in one place, visit my like to know it at liketoknow.it/megmcsharryblog! I will also be tagging shoe picks on there – I wore these simple Dolce Vita wedges and they’ve come in handy ever since! I don’t wear wedges often anymore, but it’s better to play it safe than sorry with a wedge or thick, block heel when you’re walking on stage in front of thousands of people.
For the dress roundup, click here: http://liketk.it/2AOUa
For my shoe picks, click here: http://liketk.it/2AOV6